The Board of Directors of the Association for Hispanic Classical Theater has called an election for Secretary-elect. The Secretary-elect will shadow the current Secretary throughout 2020, and will take over as Secretary January 1, 2021. We are actively soliciting candidates for the position and encourage your participation now. Nominations must be received by October 18, 2019. The election will take place in November 2019.
AHCT Secretary position description
- As one of the five officers of the AHCT, work with fellow officers and board members throughout the year on all of the Association’s endeavors and in preparation for the annual Symposium.
- Take minutes at the annual Board and General Membership meetings during the Symposium each spring.
- Create and distribute the AHCT Newsletter twice yearly, usually in January and June.
- Update and distribute letterhead and a directory of current Board members on a yearly basis; issue certificates of Symposium attendance embossed with official seal of the Association upon request.
- Send out calls for papers for the Symposium and other announcements to the membership as needed throughout the year.
- Retain and organize official records and documents of the Association.
- Provide information and clarification from the minutes or other records of the Association when needed.
- Good listening, organizational, and note-taking skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word or similar software to create newsletter.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience as a member of AHCT and board member is not required but is advantageous.
To nominate please go to: https://forms.gle/cJygeDXj6ADkvL879
The Secretary-elect Nominating Committee,